Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hola

I think I am a pretty good mom.  My kids know not to talk to strangers.  Now, weather or not they listen to me is always another story...

Lately, Aubrey (my 7 year old) has taken to saying "Hola!" to anyone who looks like they might speak Spanish.  WHY?!  It is usually a short conversation.  The person she is saying "Hola" to usually thinks it's cute and they rattle off something to her is Spanish....She of course has no idea what the person is saying and shrinks in embarrassment.  Does this embarrassment stop her... NO!

The thing that I don't understand is why on earth it's ok to say "Hola" to Spanish speaking persons, but she knows (or chooses) not to say "Hello" to anyone else... Maybe she thinks that I have no idea what "Hola" means?

"Hola" Aubrey, Mom's onto you....

No comments:

Post a Comment